Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First Dora

Even  two years after Anna's death I am still experiencing "firsts".  This week it was my first Dora.  I was called to help out in a class for 2 and 3 year olds and when I got there they were watching Dora.  Anna was 2 years and 9 months old when she got sick--the same age (and size) as the kids I was working with and just like them, she LOVED Dora.  We watched a lot of Dora in the hospital.  Then, thanks to our friends the Buchanans who actually KNOW her, Dora came to Anna's 4th birthday party.  Sitting with those little kids and listening to them call out the answers to Dora's questions brought back memories... and tears.  I was afraid that I would be sad the whole day, but after the Dora video was over, I was fine and able to enjoy the rest of the day.
I still haven't watched Arthur, Clifford, or Dragon Tales.  I haven't even watched old home videos.  I guess those "firsts" will come later.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Firsts are so hard. The Lord's strength is all that got me through mine. It has been almost 12 years...

Love the sweet picture