Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Days

Today
This morning at church when my little friend Hannah rolled by me, I noticed her Bible poking out of the backpack attached to her chair.  It was the same size as mine and had a butterfly on it.  I grabbed it and said, "Look Hannah, your Bible has a butterfly on it and mine does too!"  She thought that was cool.  Then she looked up at me and asked very sweetly, "Do you want them to kiss?"  I thought I might melt into a puddle of sugary sweetness right there in the hallway.  I said, "Oh yes!  I do want them to kiss."  So we kissed our Bible butterflies together then went on our merry way.
Loved it.
Love kisses.
Love butterflies.
Love little girls.

Yesterday
Beth Moore came to Richmond this weekend.  I wanted to go, but I didn't have anyone to go with and I really didn't think I should spend the money on a ticket when we have so many extra back-to-school expenses this month.   But, I told God that if he would help me get a ticket, I would go.  On FRIDAY I found someone on Facebook who knew someone who knew someone who had an extra ticket for sale.  I made tentative arrangements to find this person outside the coliseum and buy her ticket.  Then another Facebook friend connected me with a group of ladies who were leaving from the church.  Once I made the commitment to go, life got crazy.  I need to get groceries.  The kids had to be three different places.  I was running around all day getting everyone where they were supposed to go.  Richard was going to have to leave work early and I remembered thinking that it would be easier to stay home.  But somehow I made it to the church on time and while we were waiting for the rest of the group, one of the ladies said, "I don't know what I'm going to do with these free tickets."  EXCUSE ME?   "I don't have a ticket," I said.  They looked at me like I was a nutball, "You don't have a ticket?  What were you going to do?"  My plan to find a friend of a friend of a friend in a sea of 9,300 Bible toting women was not sounding too good.  "Here, just take this one."  REALLY?  A FREE TICKET?
I went.  I worshipped.  I met some new friends.  I was blessed.  Thank you God!

Last Week
Last weekend we spent the night at Virginia Beach.  These Oklahoma landlubbers had FUN.  Here are a few pictures of our vacation...
We enjoyed a seafood dinner on the beach.  Richard and Jacob got the lobster special.
Attack of the killer crab legs!!!
Will caught the moon during our walk back to the hotel.
We woke up to this.  Everyone else slept through the rain while I sat outside and enjoyed the view.
"How precious to me are your thoughts, O God.  How vast is the sum of them.  Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand." (Psalm 139:17)
Thy power throughout the universe displayed...
The sun came out--sort of--and we set up camp on the beach.
We built sand castles...
Rode the boogie boards...
Hunted for sand crabs...
And fed the birds.  They would actually swoop down and eat the cheetos out of our hands, but my camera wasn't fast enough to catch them.
We had a great time.  Wish you were here!

No comments: