Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So Long Sea Monkeys

Will got a sea monkey kit  a long time ago.  I know I have moved it twice and the monkeys never made it out of the box.  FINALLY this was the week.  He and his daddy prepped the water for 24 hours and then put the eggs in.  You have to wait 5 days for them to hatch.  Today was supposed to be THE day.  Yesterday Will had his little friend over after school.  She was here for no more than 5 minutes when Will came down the stairs saying, "The sea monkeys spilled!"  So now the sea monkeys are in the carpet never to be seen again.  This same little friend was confused by the fact that we don't currently have a microwave.  She kept asking questions, "Why don't you have a microwave?  How do you cook without a microwave?  Have you ever had a microwave?"  Finally she looked around and said, "Well, at least you have a refrigerator."


Since we are all bracing for another snow storm, I thought I would show you some pictures from the last storm.  These were taken on our trip from VA to KS.  I didn't get a picture of the sign that said "Avoid travel.  Seek Shelter."


Which way do we go?  I can't see the lines on the road!



These were the poor people who tried to outrun the storm on Friday,  which I had suggested, but my wise husband said no.





We were stuck in the middle of hundreds of trucks for HOURS as we creeped along at 20mph.



At the end of the day we were rewarded with a beautiful sunset.  You can't see these in VA because of all the trees.  If you will look closely, you can see the cross at the bottom of the picture.  When I see beauty like this, I imagine that this is what Anna sees all the time.

2 comments:

sunset pines farm said...

WE are so jealous about your snow!!! It got close to snowing here a few weeks ago, but it didn't happen.My husband remembers the last time it snowed here as "the snow of '78".
At least our feeld are frosty in the mornings and if you squint hard enough, it kind of looks like snow.
Pathetic, I know.

Unknown said...

Dog Gone It!!! I thought I was finally going to find out if "Sea Monkeys" are all they're cracked up to be. I had them once as a kid and never got them to work....