Monday, October 12, 2009

Things I wish weren't in storage....

I wish I had the leaf for my table and a couple more chairs so our guests wouldn't have to bring their own.  I wish I had my flannel sheets because it's getting colder.  I wish I had my sweaters and boots.  I wish we had the box with Will's toys.  I wish the kids had their scooters.  I wish we had our gloves and scarves.  I wish we had our games.  I wish I had more pictures of Anna.

Things I wonder why I packed to come to the condo...

I wonder why I have the antique clock that doesn't work.  I wonder why I have my bread maker that I haven't used in years or the electric can opener that has to be attached to the cabinet.  I wonder why I thought I would need the pillows for the couch that we sold or the lampshade for the lamp that is in storage.  I wonder why I have my Cyprus cookbook, but not the one with my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe in it.

I am content with what I have.....just wishing and wondering.  
Pray that we will find a house in our neighborhood AND in our price range so that the kids won't have to change schools.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That made me smile. We moved for the first time in 17 years in May of 2008. 7 of us went moved into a 2 bedroom 700 sq ft trailer house while we built our home. So much stuff went into storage! Then when it came time to move into the new house, I wondered why on earth I had wanted to save so much junk and a lot of what was in storage went to the thrift store... Prayers for you to find your house and get settled soon!