Thursday, June 9, 2011

Answered Prayer

The other day I woke up and I was having a "bad" day.  Perhaps it was the let down after the big birthday week, perhaps it was spiritual warfare, perhaps it was something I ate.  Whatever the reason, I wrote this in my journal...
Lord I am feeling isolated and worthless again.  NO ONE sees me this way--except me.  Can you please redirect my focus/thoughts/perspective?  Could you please help me to have contact with a friend today?
After that prayer I remembered that there was a new Bible Study starting at church that morning.  I hadn't planned to go.  The announcement said that it was for "homeschool educators" and my kids go to public school.  But I knew I wouldn't see anyone if I stayed home so I decided that maybe I would go.  I ended up taking Jacob to school and then taking the dog for a walk by the creek.  I got home at 9:20.  Was I going?  I only had 20 minutes to get ready.  I had to change my maybe to a yes or no.   Okay, I'll go... I could be on time and have wet hair or I could be late and have dry hair.  I went with wet hair because I hate to be late--especially on the first day of something I'm not really sure I want to go to.  When I got to the church I couldn't find the class.  I asked a lady in the office.  She didn't know where the group was meeting.  I asked the pastor in charge of education.  He didn't know where they were.  He checked the schedule.  Yes, they were supposed to start today.  He called the lady in charge--no answer.  (All this time I am telling myself, "Well, you tried.  You should just go. Just leave.  No one will care.  No one will know that you were here.  You aren't supposed to be here anyway.  GO!")  He called someone else and she told him they were meeting in the basement.  Oh really? Thank you.  So I went to the basement.  I knew one of the women in the class so I sat by her.  The first session was about "Life's Interruptions".

Has your life been interrupted?
What do you do when God changes the plans you have for your life?
The Divinely interrupted life is a privileged life.
An interrupted life is a significant life.
When God changes the direction of your life, he gives you a story that will impact others.
The interrupted life is an opportunity to walk with God and be a part of what He is doing.

All things I needed to hear.

And when I got home I had this email...

Marlo,

I'm glad you came to the Bible Study today!  You are one of my favorite people (bet you didn't know that!), and I'm looking forward to studying God's word with you in this small group setting.

Blessings,
Becky


Redirected focus/thoughts/perspective?  Check.
Contact with a friend?  Check.
Answered prayer?  Check.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh how I love when He pushes us ahead & it turns into such a blessing! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the study!