Sunday, June 27, 2010

Thank you

When Anna died, I had to decide what to do with her things.  I knew I couldn't keep them all, but I couldn't bring myself to take them to Goodwill or sell them at a garage sale.  It was important for me to know who would be wearing her clothes and playing with her toys.   One of the larger items was a Little Tykes kitchen.  My girls spent many hours playing restaurant with that thing.  One day at church I happened to hear the mother of one of Anna's friends mention that she was thinking about getting her daughter a play kitchen.  So I called her and offered her Anna's.  When she came to pick it up, I told her that when she was done with it,  she could give it to the church nursery.  This morning we were visiting our "old" church and the children's minister told me that this family had called and told her that they would be bringing the kitchen to donate to the church.  I would never had expected them to do this because they moved to SAN ANTONIO.   This is a rather LARGE kitchen and I don't know how they are bringing it from Texas.  I am EXTREMELY touched that they would take the trouble to do this... that they would remember something that was said 2 1/2 years ago...and that they would care so much about my feelings.  Thank you Canady family.  I hope Anya enjoyed the kitchen as much as Anna did.