Monday, June 21, 2010

Last Day of School

We FINALLY had our last day of school.  There is a LAW in Virginia  that says schools can't start until after Labor Day.  I'm sure we will enjoy those extra days in August, but it sure was hard for my kiddos to go to school until June 18th.
Jacob celebrating with friends the night before the last day of school.

I remember how hard it was to send the kids off to new schools this year.  I am so thankful for how the Lord got us through the transition.

Audra and Will headed off to school--a very happy day.

Jacob received his middle school letter at the awards ceremony.  I'm sure that will mean a lot to him now that he is in HIGH SCHOOL!


We celebrated by taking 7 kids to the drive in.  They were showing Toy Story 3 and the new Karate Kid.
My favorite part was the two hours before the movie started.  The kids played ball and we visited with friends from church.

I think this was about the time when Richard was having to jump the car because the battery died before the movie even started!

I love me some teen feet!

When you go to the drive in, don't forget your hula hoop...

...or your bean bags!

The drive in was fun, but getting home at 2am was NOT!  I will have to rest up before I do that again.

2 comments:

Reba said...

What a fun way to celebrate the last day! I wondered why I kept hearing there were schools still not out of school. Makes sense now! You will enjoy those days in August. We didn't get out much earlier than you all, and we still report back mid-August. I am getting two months and one day of summer this year. :(

Kelly said...

Regarding the photo where you think Richard is jump-starting the car: I believe Richard is in the back with the kids trying to be cool, but unfortunately he is wearing his dark socks, dead giveway that he is actually a hopeless dinosaur, the father of a teenager.