Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 25--




Every day in November I post something I'm thankful for on facebook.  Day 25 is the day Anna died. What is there to be thankful for on this day?

I am thankful to be Anna's mom.  It was an honor and a privilege and a blessing beyond measure.

I am thankful for the people that I met along the way--doctors, nurses, art ladies, and other parents are people that I would never have met if I hadn't entered their world.

I am thankful for Junie B. Jones and butterflies.

I am thankful for the lives that were changed through our story.

I am thankful for the wisdom gained through suffering.

I am thankful that I have received comfort that I can use to comfort others.

I am thankful for a marriage that survived the death of a child.

I am thankful for my other children whose lives were forever impacted, but not defined, by their sister's death.

I am thankful for tested faith that is more precious than gold.

I am thankful for an eternal perspective.  What is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

I am thankful that I learned to trust God even though I can't understand him.

I am thankful for the 'missing feeling' that reminds me that this world is not my home.

I am thankful for a reunion to look forward to.

I am thankful that Anna taught me to live life while you can and to go to Sam's when you feel like it.

I am thankful for good friends who walked through the valley with us and who remember.

I am thankful that God can make beauty from ashes and change mourning to dancing.


I will always be sorry that she died, but I will never be sorry that she lived.


2 comments:

Liz said...

And I am thankful for you.
For you allowing us to all know Anna during her life here on Earth. For allowing us to be a part of her journey. For letting us pray with you, for you. For letting us continue life with you after your precious girl went to Heaven. For showing us all how faithful God is, and continues to be, in your life. For allowing us to see life after loss and letting us be a part of your mourning and your celebrations since Anna's death. For so many reasons, Marlo. You are precious!

Anonymous said...

Marlo,

What beautiful thoughts you have shared with all of us. I love them and appreciate the deep faith you exhibit through them. I don't forget the day Anna died because I share the date as my birthday. I never fail to think of Anna on November 25, even though I saw her a few times. I am grateful I met you, even if it was only because of cancer, because of Mitchell and Anna. They are together now, waiting for all of us and a reunion. I love that thought. God bless you. Heather