Saturday, October 9, 2010

Touchdown!

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. (Phil.4:11)
A few weeks ago I wrote about being benched.  During the first three football games this season Will (and I) learned to be content sitting on the bench and cheering on our team.  But this week we learned how good it feels to be in the game--and to SCORE!  Will's team (0-3) played another team (0-3) so we weren't sure what to expect.  But when our quarterback scored during the first possession we started to get excited.  We were doing so good that everyone got plenty of playing time.  Will and the other quarterback were taking turns and Will scored the fifth touchdown of the night with a 50 yard run.   Someone in the stands asked, "Who is that?" and I yelled, "That's MY boy!  That's MY boy!"  Will's team won 34-14.  That night when I was putting him to bed he was still reveling in the afterglow.  This was his prayer...
Lord, thank you that I made my first touchdown tonight.  Thank you that all the running backs did good.  Thank you for dying on the cross for our sins.  And help us do as good in our game Saturday as we did tonight.  Amen
So today my challenge to you is to GET IN THE GAME!  Don't be content to be a spectator in this game called life.  If you have been knocked down, get back up.  Press on!  I know it's hard, but keep going!  And if you listen closely, you'll hear your Father in the stands yelling, "That's MY child!"

No comments: